The Chicago Reader names Office Girl Best New Novel by a Chicagoan & Best Book for the Disillusioned Artist in All of Us
We are delighted to share the Chicago Reader named Joe Meno’s Office Girl the 2013 Best New Novel by a Chicagoan & Best Book for the Disillusioned Artist in All of Us!
From the accompanying review:
“Joe Meno has a way of capturing, in Polaroid moments, the unexplainable allure of the Second City. Hometown pride pulsed throughout 2004’s Hairstyles of the Damned, and again last year through Office Girl, a novel that ping-pongs around the various landmarks, topics, and minutiae of the urban mosaic that Meno is so skilled at representing.”
To read the rest of the review click here.
To see more books by Joe Meno click here.
To read more praise for Office Girl click here.
Posted: Jun 24, 2013
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion
- Of Mule and Man
- How the Left Lost Teen Spirit
- Spoke: Images and Stories from the 1980s Washington, DC Punk Scene
- A Secret History of Coffee, Coca & Cola
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Just Call Me Mike: A Journey to Actor and Activist
- Primus, Over the Electric Grapevine: Insight into Primus and the World of Les Claypool
- Paradoxia: A Predator’s Diary
- Artificial Light
- Copycat: And a Litter of Other Cats