Eight talented Caribbean poets are featured in this second publication from Peekash Press.
Featured: Black Interest
Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o anchors this truly fascinating first East African installment in the Akashic Noir Series.
Following in the Caribbean footsteps of Haiti Noir and Trinidad Noir, now come dark stories from Jamaica’s capital city.
Stacy Wakefield (The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory, 131 Different Things), Domenica Ruta, Nina Boutsikaris, and Courtney Maum will read at Spotty Dog Books & Ales as part of the Volume Reading Series.
Author reading and discussion with Mardi Jo Link and Michael Zadoorian (Beautiful Music), followed by a book signing.
News & Features
Congratulations to Elizabeth McKenzie from SANTA CRUZ NOIR on her Shamus Award nomination!
- “Walls” by Rhian Waller
- “Like Cattle” by Ashley Sgro
- “Getting There Is Half the Fun” by Anita Wong
- “Norman” by JZ Sims
The June 24, 2019 issue of TIME includes a feature on Bruce Springsteen related to his latest album, and includes commentary from our author, veteran and anti-war activist Ron Kovic.
- C.J. Farley on AROUND HARVARD SQUARE and Operation Varsity Blues
- TIGERBELLE featured for Black History Month
- Bernice L. McFadden is Go On Girl! Book Club’s 2018 Author of the Year
- Bobby Sullivan’s Introduction to Revolutionary Threads