The long-awaited reissue of the sequel to Amiri Baraka’s seminal work, BLUES PEOPLE, and latest selection in the AkashiClassics Renegade Reprint Series. This collection of essays by Amiri Baraka/LeRoi Jones includes a new introduction by the author and Q&A by Calvin Reid.
Featured: Black Interest
What was life like for the gangs of New York and others thrown into the nineteenth-century slammer?
Ex-bodyguard D Hunter is swept into the City of Angels on a dark mission to find his mysterious grandfather’s killer.
Michael Zadoorian (Beautiful Music) in conversation with Luke Geddes for the release of his novel, Heart of Junk.
Winter’s Deep Peace Practice: Yoga Nidra and Writing: Give yourself the gift of deep rest and soulful integration. Spend a morning relaxing into the guided meditation practice of yoga nidra paired with a supportive writing practice. Invite body and mind to let go of your “to do” list and rest in the present moment. Yoga […]
News & Features
Akashic Books is pleased to announce LyricPop, A New Picture Book Series Presenting Your Favorite Song Lyrics, Launching in June 2020
- “The Shit Machine” (or “ShitMo”) by Nkoski Ife Bandele
- “A Face in the Crowd” by B.L. Conradis
- “Ride-Along” by Ron Riekki
- A TALL HISTORY OF SUGAR Is One of Vanity Fair‘s Best of 2019!
Ben Orki’s new novel The Freedom Artist is receiving fantastic advance praise!
- Ryan O’Callaghan on CBS This Morning with Gayle King!
- A TALL HISTORY OF SUGAR Receives Glowing NEW YORK TIMES Review!
- “A Publishing Factory Grows in Brooklyn”
- Akashic Noir Series featured in CHESTNUT HILL LOCAL