In interviews and essays, high-profile activist athletes explore the intersection of sports and politics.
Featured: Black Interest
The debut title from Akashic’s Open Lens imprint: a universal tale of family, heritage, and the ties that bind, from the nationally best-selling author Randall Robinson.
This eleven-piece, limited-edition box set—an African Poetry Book Fund (APBF) project—features the work of ten new African poets.
Mark Andersen and Ralph Heibutzki’s Chicago launch event for We Are The Clash at The Book Cellar.
Mark Andersen presents We Are The Clash at Moon Palace Books. After the book event there will be music and an afterparty sponsored by Extreme Noise with a punk rock vinyl set by DJ Felix Havoc and refreshments provided by Geek Love Cafe.
News & Features
From Rolling Stone to Vol. 1 Brooklyn and more, WE ARE THE CLASH rakes in the praise!
- “Operation Bastard” by Karina Bush
- “Virtually President” by John Joseph Ryan
- “This Corpse” by Ron Riekki
- AN UNKINDNESS OF GHOSTS—An Award-Winning Debut Novel!
Thanks to Bill Morris at The Millions, you can get an inside look at our day-to-day workings, and specifically into the mind of our editorial director, Ibrahim Ahmad. Check out: “A Day in the Life of an Indie Publisher: Akashic Books.”
- Akashic’s Publisher JOHNNY TEMPLE in the NEW YORK TIMES
- Anthony Ervin and Constantine Markides Honored for CHASING WATER
- Akashic Authors Nominated for Lambda Literary Awards!
- ATLANTA NOIR Editor Tayari Jones Pens Oprah Book Club Pick!