A debut novel from the art-rock pioneer and frontman of Primus, Les Claypool.
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
In celebration of the release of Ian F. Svenonius’s Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group, our latest Digit features excerpts from Ian’s book, along with the work of cult-rock authors Les Claypool (South of the Pumphouse), Lydia Lunch (Paradoxia), and Nick Zinner (Please Take Me Off the Guest List).
Pulitzer prize–winning photographer Lucian Perkins captures four electrifying punk shows in Washington, DC, in 1979, with narrative by Alec MacKaye and an essay by Henry Rollins.
Part of the Dangerous Writers Burnt Tongue reading series.
Join Kaylie Jones Books at their table at the Port Jefferson Free Library Author Fair! Featuring Kaylie Jones, Matthew McGevna (Little Beasts), and other KJB authors.
News & Features
Changers Book One: Drew has been chosen to be part of the New York Public Library’s Summer Reading Challenge! Click for more information, and to read a very special note from a Changers fan.
- “Synchronicity Two” by Chuck Nwoke
- “Taking the Cyclone” by Howard Gimple
- “Tar” by Scott Kaiser
- Carrie Howland on The Shark Curtain
- “Bowling” by John Jeremiah
- “Dipshit” by Scott Scheible
- Spotlight on the Council of Literary Magazines and Presses (CLMP)
Click to download a FREE PDF of the New York Times best seller You Have to F**king Eat!
- Stacy Wakefield: On Writing The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory
- Eliza Factor: On Writing Love Maps
- Johnny Temple Interviews Nina Solomon and Katherine Woodward Thomas
- Kwame Dawes and Chris Abani’s Introduction to Eight New-Generation African Poets