An erotic drama about four sexy couples and one swingers’ club where their fantasies and nightmares collide.
Featured: Black Interest
A dazzling coming-of-age novella, now an Essence Magazine best seller, by Jamaica’s top-selling writer.
A passionate memoir and fearless behind-the-scenes look at the personal lives of the biggest reggae stars in the world.
Theasa Tuohy presents Flying Jenny at the Grand Central Library Teen Central in Manhattan.
1/3/19 – 1/6/19
Achy Obejas (The Tower of the Antilles) will be appearing on programming at the annual MLA Convention in Chicago. Full program details and more information: https://mla19.org/.
News & Features
Wyomia Tyus’ memoir and Justine Bateman’s FAME are New York Times‘ Holiday Picks!
- “A Letter to the Afternoon Nap My Child Has Given Up” by Stacey Zapalac
- “Blue is the Color of Night” by Steve Paul
- “Hide and Seek” by Suzanne Bhagan
- Akashic’s Holiday Gift Guide
We are thrilled that Laurie Loewenstein’s Death of a Rainmaker has been recognized with wide-ranging praise and has been selected for multiple “best” lists of the year! Some highlights include: Library Journal Best Book of 2018: “Loewenstein’s terrific historical mystery wears its history lightly and its humanity beautifully. The first in a series, it’s a realistic, expertly drawn […]
- RIVERS SOLOMON in the New York Times!
- HIRSH SAWHNEY on PBS’s Great American Read!
- “How to Build Your Own Small Press in Brooklyn”
- A Day in the Life at Akashic Books