Kobbé’s hilarious social novel centers on a comically failed business venture on the island of Anguilla, brilliantly echoing A Confederacy of Dunces and Herman Wouk’s Don’t Stop the Carnival.
Featured: Black Interest
In Book Two of the Changers Series, our protagonist undergoes a second transformation—returning to a male body.
Akashic launches an African American–focused reprint series with this classic story collection.
Adam Smyer presents Knucklehead at an InsideStorytime at the Octopus Literary Salon.
Catharine H. Murray discusses Now You See the Sky with imprint curator Ann Hood at Books on the Square. This is a Providence launch event for Murray’s memoir.
News & Features
Wyomia Tyus, author of Tigerbelle, was featured on WBUR Boston’s sports show Only a Game.
- “White Trash” by Nkosi Ife Bandele
- “Dawn of the Aquarians” by Michael Diamond
- “Cranky Chariots” by Pamela Booker
- ANNOUNCING: Limited-Edition Preorder!
Rivers Solomon and An Unkindness of Ghosts featured in the NYT.
- HIRSH SAWHNEY on PBS’s Great American Read!
- “How to Build Your Own Small Press in Brooklyn”
- A Day in the Life at Akashic Books
- Akashic’s Publisher JOHNNY TEMPLE in the NEW YORK TIMES