What was life like for the gangs of New York and others thrown into the nineteenth-century slammer?
Featured: Black Interest
A passionate memoir and fearless behind-the-scenes look at the personal lives of the biggest reggae stars in the world.
The first-ever US publication of the Caribbean comic classic that is also a major motion picture.
Launch event for Changers Book Two: Oryon.
Hometown launch event for The Shark Curtain. Featuring an introduction by Miriam Gershow.
News & Features
It was with great sadness that we learned of the death of Danny Schechter, author of News Dissector: Passions, Pieces, and Polemics, 1960–2000 and Falun Gong’s Challenge to China.
- “Blomfeldt’s Paperboy” by Jeff Esterholm
- “Acid on the Fourth of July” by Amber Drea
- “From the Crossroads of Crack and Rap” by Jason Reynolds
- FREE E-BOOK: Download Changers Book One: Drew for free through Sunday, April 12!
- “Last Smoke” by Andrew Cotto
- “We lived on the edge of reality. Some nights we were happy.” by Anna Douglass
- Review: Eleven Days by Stav Sherez
Congratulations to Eric Charles May, recipient of the Chicago Public Library’s 21st Century Award for 2015!
- Spotlight on Artists on the Autism Spectrum
- Sterling Watson: On Writing Suitcase City
- SALE: The Luminous Heart of Jonah S., now only $0.99 wherever e-books are sold!
- Jason Carney’s Tour Diary: Dayton, OH