For a limited time, purchase three of Amiri Baraka’s titles (Tales of the Out & the Gone, Black Music, and Home: Social Essays) together for only $16.95!
Featured: Black Interest
What William S. Burroughs’ Junky was to heroin addiction, All or Nothing is to gambling, only more prophetic.
A fascinating collection of Frederick Douglass’s always-controversial speeches in Brooklyn, New York.
Timothy Brandoff presents Cornelius Sky on a debut authors panel with W.M. Akers, Marlena Maduro Barof, Karen Dukess, and Christopher X. Shade at the Bryant Park Author Series.
Bobby Sullivan presents Revolutionary Threads at Cactus Music with David Ensminger. This event is FREE, all ages, with refreshments provided by St. Arnolds.
News & Features
Congratulations to Bernardine Evaristo, whose novel Girl, Woman, Other has been longlisted for the 2019 Booker Prize!
- “The Capitulation Method” by Tyrel Kessinger
- “Let’s Not Think About It” by Lynne Bronstein
- “The Only Living Teacher in New York” by Mckenzie Cassidy
- “The Road You Take” by Jean Wolfersteig
Praise for the Akashic Noir Series in Hugh Gilmore’s column in the Chestnut Hill Local!
- Ron Kovic on Bruce Springsteen in TIME Magazine
- C.J. Farley on AROUND HARVARD SQUARE and Operation Varsity Blues
- TIGERBELLE featured for Black History Month
- Bernice L. McFadden is Go On Girl! Book Club’s 2018 Author of the Year