A gorgeous and hilarious picture book about the most unusual breakfast two sisters ever ate.
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
A wonderfully illustrated children’s history of punk rock, from a progressive/idealistic perspective.
An oral and photographic history of the Washington, DC, punk rock scene, including Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Fugazi, and more.
Full details TBA.
Bagels & Bestsellers: A Reading, Eating & Schmoozing Event. Participants can bring or buy a copy of The Luminous Heart of Jonah S. and author Gina B. Nahai will sign. $15 includes light brunch. Reservations: email [email protected], or cash at the door.
News & Features
Get a sneak peek at new books from two great authors.
- “Lobo” by Richard Georges
- Join Kaylie Jones for the From Here to Eternity musical!
- “JR and His Shadow” by Kimisha Thompson-Hitchins
- “Dark Carnival” by Suzanne LaBerge
To celebrate the release of Necropolis — a new crime novel by Avtar Singh — we’re pleased to feature a statement from the author on the integral role the city of Delhi plays in the book.
- Cyd Zeigler: On Writing Fair Play
- Tony Bellotto’s Introduction to Rio Noir
- Cyd Zeigler: These were the 24 hours when the LGBT community stopped being sports’ punching bag
- Read “A Bag for Nicholas,” Hirsh Sawhney’s story from New Jersey Noir