The first-ever US publication of the Caribbean comic classic that is also a major motion picture.
Featured: Black Interest
The free Caribbean Debuts Digit features excerpts from four great debut works of fiction in our catalog: Drifting by Katia D. Ulysse, The Night of the Rambler by Montague Kobbé, The Roving Tree by Elsie Augustave (Haiti), and John Crow’s Devil by Marlon James.
A breathtaking science fiction debut from a worthy successor to Octavia Butler.
Ariel Gore and contributors Jimmy Santiago Baca, Miriam Sagan, James Reich, Darryl Lorenzo Wellington, Elizabeth Lee, Ana June, Barbara Robidoux, Byron F. Aspaas, Kevin Atkinson, and Israel Francisco Haros Lopez launch Santa Fe Noir at Collected Works.
Editor Andrew Welsh-Huggins and contributors Tom Barlow, Daniel Best, Laura Bickle, Chris Bournea, Kristen Lepionka, Craig McDonald, Yolonda Tonette Sanders, Mercedes King, and Robin Yocum launch Columbus Noir at Thurber House; book sales provided by The Book Loft. Tickets available: http://www.thurberhouse.org/special-events/columbus-noir.
News & Features
Akashic Books is pleased to announce LyricPop, A New Picture Book Series Presenting Your Favorite Song Lyrics, Launching in June 2020
- “Brown Crayon” by Tamar Jacobs
- “Doh Let Jumbie Hold Yah” by Krystal M. Ramroop
- “The Prenup Murders” by Kenton K. Yee
- “The Good and the Bad” by Kristen Petry
Ben Orki’s new novel The Freedom Artist is receiving fantastic advance praise!
- Ryan O’Callaghan on CBS This Morning with Gayle King!
- A TALL HISTORY OF SUGAR Receives Glowing NEW YORK TIMES Review!
- “A Publishing Factory Grows in Brooklyn”
- Akashic Noir Series featured in CHESTNUT HILL LOCAL