A modern-day King Lear, a novel of greed, resentment, jealousy, betrayal, and romance set in Trinidad, Jamaica, and Barbados.
Featured: Black Interest
Finding the Black Lotus murderer is Detective Wolf’s chance to avoid an Internal Affairs investigation. That’s when things get personal.
Ex-bodyguard D Hunter is swept into the City of Angels on a dark mission to find his mysterious grandfather’s killer.
Theasa Tuohy presents Flying Jenny at the Glenn H. Curtiss Museum of aviation in Hammondsport.
Ricardo Cortés will be at Edamama Cute Cuts & More for a storytime event for Sea Creatures from the Sky.
News & Features
Etan Thomas, author of We Matter: Athletes and Activism on our Edge of Sports imprint, was recently interviewed by Candace Buckner in the Washington Post on athletes using their platform to speak out on current political events. Read the full article here.
- “Cross Training” by Michael Loniewski
- “The Silk-Cotton Tree” by Jean Wolfersteig
- BEAUTIFUL MUSIC Playlist + Praise Round-Up!
- “Notes of an Undead Son” by John Vercher
Did you catch our indefatigable publisher Johnny Temple in the May 11, 2018 issue of the New York Times? Author Andrew Cotto described a day in the life of Johnny Temple, which begins with reading and coffee, in the Sunday Routine section: “How Johnny Temple, Book Publisher and Rocker, Spends His Sundays.”
- Anthony Ervin and Constantine Markides Honored for CHASING WATER
- Akashic Authors Nominated for Lambda Literary Awards!
- ATLANTA NOIR Editor Tayari Jones Pens Oprah Book Club Pick!
- Noir Series E-Books Only $2.99 Each!