This mesmerizing, lyrical debut explores the lives of Haitian families aspiring to escape hardship and an earthquake’s devastation.
Featured: Black Interest
The latest installment in Chris Abani’s critically-acclaimed Black Goat poetry series.
An inspirational rags-to-riches memoir by the founder of the most successful Caribbean business ever established in the US.
Two Thrillers: A Reading. A washed-up ex-journalist looking for a missing girl in San Francisco is framed by a Guatemalan hit man for a series of murders, in Bradley Spinelli‘s crime thriller, The Painted Gun. In Robert Arellano’s Havana Libre, Dr. Mano Rodriguez takes an undercover assignment to the most dangerous city in Latin America: […]
Masterful Mysteries and Thrillers: A Reading, with William Heffernan, James Grippando, and James W. Hall.
News & Features
Rivers Solomon’s An Unkindness of Ghosts featured in The Rumpus including an exclusive excerpt and an interview with Rivers!
- Akashic Authors at Miami Books Fair 2017
- “Hunter of the Flying Monkeys” by Joyce Zigos
- 99¢ E-BOOK: Download Spoke through Sunday, November 19!
- “The Old Bird” by J.M. Williams
Have you ever wondered how the intricate figures and scenes from What Is Punk? and What Is Hip-Hop? are created?
- One Year Later — “Unsportsmanlike Conduct”
- D Hunter’s Playlist – “To Funk and Die in LA”
- Event: Eric Morse Launches What Is Hip-Hop?
- Now Available: What Is Hip-Hop? by Eric Morse and Anny Yi