A dazzling coming-of-age novella, now an Essence Magazine best seller, by Jamaica’s top-selling writer.
Featured: Black Interest
Kobbé’s hilarious social novel centers on a comically failed business venture on the island of Anguilla, brilliantly echoing A Confederacy of Dunces and Herman Wouk’s Don’t Stop the Carnival.
In celebration of the release of Black History Month, our Black History Digit includes excerpts from our two February Releases—Nowhere Is a Place by Bernice L. McFadden and The Gospel According to Cane by Courttia Newland—along with Chris Abani’s Becoming Abigail and Kola Boof’s The Sexy Part of the Bible.
“Not Your Mother’s Book Club” proudly presents editor, blogger, and award-winning author J.L. Powers in celebration of Broken Circle.
Contributors John Holman, Tony Grooms, Alesia Parker, and Jennifer Harlow from Atlanta Noir will appear at the Barnes & Noble at Georgia Tech University.
News & Features
Rivers Solomon’s An Unkindness of Ghosts featured in The Rumpus including an exclusive excerpt and an interview with Rivers!
- “Blue Sky Volume 1: Damnation” by M.A. Powers
- “Fuckitty-Fuck-Fuck-Fuck Part 2: Shit-Shit-Shit-Shit-Shit” by Nkosi Ife Bandele
- “The Hatching” by Robert Arellano
- “Baby Frankenstein” by Maria DePaul
Listen to an interview on KUT with Unsportsmanlike Conduct‘s Jessica Luther, one year about the publication of this acclaimed, hard-hitting exposé.
- D Hunter’s Playlist – “To Funk and Die in LA”
- Event: Eric Morse Launches What Is Hip-Hop?
- Now Available: What Is Hip-Hop? by Eric Morse and Anny Yi
- Hirsh Sawhney Longlisted for DSC Prize and Shortlisted for Shakti Bhatt Prize!