In celebration of the release of Black History Month, our Black History Digit includes excerpts from our two February Releases—Nowhere Is a Place by Bernice L. McFadden and The Gospel According to Cane by Courttia Newland—along with Chris Abani’s Becoming Abigail and Kola Boof’s The Sexy Part of the Bible.
The Go the Fuck to Sleep Box Set: Go the Fuck to Sleep, You Have to Fucking Eat & Fuck, Now There Are Two of You
Featured: Black Interest
Nearly forty years after breaking his way into public consciousness, the indefatigable godfather of indie features and African American cinema presents a graphic novel that serves as the inspiration for his latest film.
Following in the Caribbean footsteps of Haiti Noir and Trinidad Noir, now come dark stories from Jamaica’s capital city.
Please note: all our virtual events are listed in Eastern time. K’wan discusses his latest book, The Reluctant King, in this virtual event hosted by Kizzy’s Books and More. This event is free to attend but registration is required; please visit Eventbrite to learn more or to register.
Join Deirdre Sinnott for a reading from and discussion of The Third Mrs. Galway. This event will be held in-person.
News & Features
Justine Bateman’s Face: One Square Foot of Skin has had another great week!
- CREATURES OF PASSAGE Receives High Praise in New York Times, Washington Post, Philadelphia Inquirer and more!
- “Dominant Hand” by Susan Hammerman
- “Jackson’s Bad Choice” by Kristen Petry
- “Does the President Poop?” by Kristin Markovich and Laura Moore
Jim Saah answers over 20 questions from Sohrab Habibion in under 4 minutes: photography, punk rock, zines, his cat and more!
- Quarantine Q&A: Tiphanie Yanique
- Quarantine Q&A: Black Francis
- Quarantine Q&A: David Yow, Parts I & II
- Quarantine Q&A: Alexandra Jacobs