During World War II, two African American musicians are captured by the Nazis in Paris and imprisoned at the Buchenwald concentration camp.
Featured: Black Interest
Award-winning poet Kwame Dawes explores the insidious nature of power and the limits of protest for Chris Abani’s Black Goat poetry series.
The first title from The Armory, a new high-quality urban noir imprint edited by Kenji Jasper.
The East Bay launch event for 131 Different Things with Nick Zinner, Zachary Lipez, and Stacy Wakefield.
The Los Angeles launch event for 131 Different Things with Nick Zinner, Zachary Lipez, and Stacy Wakefield.
News & Features
ON SALE NOW! A limited-edition preorder package for 131 Different Things featuring an exclusive 7″ with music by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs Nick Zinner!
- “Dawn of the Aquarians” by Michael Diamond
- “Cranky Chariots” by Pamela Booker
- “Lost At Sea” by John Mancini
- “A Game of Faces” by Carrie A. Brown
The author of South Haven discussed the importance of place on PBS!
- “How to Build Your Own Small Press in Brooklyn”
- A Day in the Life at Akashic Books
- Akashic’s Publisher JOHNNY TEMPLE in the NEW YORK TIMES
- Anthony Ervin and Constantine Markides Honored for CHASING WATER