In interviews and essays, high-profile activist athletes explore the intersection of sports and politics.
Featured: Black Interest
A dazzling coming-of-age novella, now an Essence Magazine best seller, by Jamaica’s top-selling writer.
An authentic and riveting hip-hop memoir in the Joan Didion tradition from Bronx native Lewis.
This is the launch event for Montana Noir, featuring editors James Grady and Keir Graff, as well as contributors David Abrams, Gwen Florio, Jamie Ford, Eric Heidle, and Yvonne Seng, in a panel discussion.
Montana Noir editors James Grady and Keir Graff will appear in a panel discussion with contributors David Abrams and Yvonne Sen. A signature “Montana Noir” cocktail will be served courtesy of local Bozeman Spirits Distillery.
News & Features
A huge congratulations to Bernice L. McFadden for winning the 2017 American Book Award for her latest novel The Book of Harlan! This is in addition to winning the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work (Fiction), and being named a Washington Post Notable Book of 2016.
- “The Terrible Twos” by Ben White
- “Smoked” by Brandon Dutton
- “Papa Jumbie” by Joanne C. Hillhouse
- “A Summer Underwater” by Evelyn Sharenov
Congratulations to Hirsh Sawhney on being longlisted for the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature, and shortlisted for the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize for his debut novel, South Haven!
- Event: Eric Morse Launches What Is Hip-Hop?
- Now Available: What Is Hip-Hop? by Eric Morse and Anny Yi
- Now Available: To Funk and Die in LA by Nelson George
- Now Available: Montana Noir, edited by James Grady and Keir Graff