A passionate memoir and fearless behind-the-scenes look at the personal lives of the biggest reggae stars in the world.
Featured: Black Interest
A seminal Jones/Baraka literary land mine that launches AkashiClassics: Renegade Reprint Series.
The highly anticipated second title from Akashic’s groundbreaking street-lit imprint, The Armory, curated by author Kenji Jasper.
Join Eric Morse for the New York launch of What is Hip-Hop? at Bluestockings Bookstore.
News & Features
A huge congratulations to Bernice L. McFadden for winning the 2017 American Book Award for her latest novel The Book of Harlan! This is in addition to winning the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work (Fiction), and being named a Washington Post Notable Book of 2016.
- “The Terrible Twos” by Ben White
- “Smoked” by Brandon Dutton
- “Papa Jumbie” by Joanne C. Hillhouse
- “A Summer Underwater” by Evelyn Sharenov
Congratulations to Hirsh Sawhney on being longlisted for the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature, and shortlisted for the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize for his debut novel, South Haven!
- Event: Eric Morse Launches What Is Hip-Hop?
- Now Available: What Is Hip-Hop? by Eric Morse and Anny Yi
- Now Available: To Funk and Die in LA by Nelson George
- Now Available: Montana Noir, edited by James Grady and Keir Graff