This limited-edition nine-piece box set, an African Poetry Book Fund (APBF) project, features the work of new African poets.
Featured: Black Interest
American-born artist Chris is forced to reconsider his conception of family during a visit to his mother’s Caribbean homeland.
A powerful debut novel illuminating how adoptees struggle to recapture their personal histories and cultural legacy, part of Akashic’s Open Lens imprint.
PLEASE NOTE: All of our virtual events are listed in Eastern Time (ET). Panel: “Dark Fantasy”: P. Djèlí Clark (A Master of Djinn) and Morowa Yejidé (Creatures of Passage), moderated by Torie Clarke. From 1912 Cairo to modern-day Anacostia, magic, mythology and fantasy overlay the real world. Whether an Agent for the Ministry of Alchemy, […]
PLEASE NOTE: All of our virtual events are listed in Eastern Time (ET). Denise Hamilton and contributors Lynell George, Kathleen Kaufman, and Duane Swierczynski discuss Speculative Los Angeles in a panel event for LitFest Pasadena. This event will be broadcast simultaneously on Facebook, YouTube, and LitFest’s website; please visit LitFest Pasadena to learn more.
News & Features
Justine Bateman’s Face: One Square Foot of Skin has had another great week!
- CREATURES OF PASSAGE Receives High Praise in New York Times, Washington Post, Philadelphia Inquirer and more!
- “Dominant Hand” by Susan Hammerman
- “Jackson’s Bad Choice” by Kristen Petry
- “Does the President Poop?” by Kristin Markovich and Laura Moore
Kathleen Hanna answers 15 questions from Johnny in 2 minutes: Tees4Togo, coffee, weed, Bikini Kill, Donald Trump, and more!
- Quarantine Q&A: Courttia Newland
- Quarantine Q&A: Morowa Yejidé
- Quarantine Q&A: Craig Finn
- Quarantine Q&A: Thurston Moore, Part II