Prodigy, from the legendary hip-hop group Mobb Deep, launches Akashic’s new Infamous Books imprint with a story of loyalty, vengeance, and greed.
Featured: Black Interest
Front Page meets Harlem Nights: a riveting and racy historical mystery set in 1920s Harlem.
Marita Golden is an Alzheimer’s activist and editor of the multi-cultural anthology, Us Against Alzheimer’s: Stories of Family Love and Faith. The program will include readings by Katia D. Ulysse (Mouths Don’t Speak) and Lauren Francis-Sharma. Book signing to follow.
Tim Hennessy and contributors Christi Clancy, Jennifer Morales, Mary Thorson, Vida Cross, and Nick Petrie present Milwaukee Noir at the Wisconsin Book Festival.
News & Features
Congratulations to Bernardine Evaristo, whose novel Girl, Woman, Other has been longlisted for the 2019 Booker Prize!
- “Oh Gifted Children” by Christopher Walker
- “Birthday Party at a Pool” by Tamar Jacobs
- “The Capitulation Method” by Tyrel Kessinger
- “Bones” by Elliot Harper
A recent issue of Publishers Weekly featured a news article on Akashic’s home, the Old American Can Factory in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
- Akashic Noir Series featured in CHESTNUT HILL LOCAL
- Ron Kovic on Bruce Springsteen in TIME Magazine
- C.J. Farley on AROUND HARVARD SQUARE and Operation Varsity Blues
- TIGERBELLE featured for Black History Month