The long-awaited reissue of the sequel to Amiri Baraka’s seminal work, BLUES PEOPLE, and latest selection in the AkashiClassics Renegade Reprint Series. This collection of essays by Amiri Baraka/LeRoi Jones includes a new introduction by the author and Q&A by Calvin Reid.
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
Pearl Jam’s longtime in-house designer, Brad Klausen, presents his first book of visually stunning poster art. With introductions by Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam.
An outrageous and provocative photograph book of cult music hero Peaches, with text from Peaches, Yoko Ono, Ellen Page, and Michael Stipe.
Conversation on writing Some Go Hungry with audience Q&A.
Launch event for Unsportsmanlike Conduct: College Football and the Politics of Rape by Jessica Luther. Jessica Luther will appear in conversation with Dan Solomon.
News & Features
- “Douen Calling” by Brandon Mc Ivor
- “Itty Bitty Titty Committee” by Nkosi Ife Bandele
- “On the Bus” by Nathan Ward
- “Night Class” by Andre Bagoo
To celebrate the release of Rio Noir, the latest release from Akashic’s award-winning Noir Series, we’re pleased to give you a look behind the scenes with editor Tony Bellotto’s introduction, “Deciphering an Enigma.”
- Michel Dufrannes’s Introduction to Brussels Noir
- Scott Phillips’s Introduction to St. Louis Noir
- The Rio Dispatches: Day 2
- ONE-DAY SALE: Three Nelson George NOOK Books for $0.99 each!