Elizabeth Nunez’s reissued fourth novel is a haunting, mesmerizing exploration into the often destructive price of passion.
Featured: Black Interest
Akashic launches an African American–focused reprint series with this classic story collection.
The long-awaited reissue of McFadden’s classic novel about a young woman on a journey of self-discovery.
PLEASE NOTE: All of our virtual events are listed in Eastern Time (ET). Acclaimed writers Rigoberto González and Johanny Vázquez Paz read their work and discuss poetry and belonging in this installment of the Jean M. and John W. Rowe Program Series. González, the award-winning fiction, nonfiction, poetry and bilingual children’s book author, called Vázquez Paz’s collection I Offer My […]
Courttia Newland, author of A River Called Time, in conversation with Victor LaValle; moderated by Naomi Jackson. Please visit City Lights to learn more. PLEASE NOTE: All of our virtual events are listed in Eastern Time (ET).
News & Features
Justine Bateman’s Face: One Square Foot of Skin has had another great week!
- CREATURES OF PASSAGE Receives High Praise in New York Times, Washington Post, Philadelphia Inquirer and more!
- “Dominant Hand” by Susan Hammerman
- “Jackson’s Bad Choice” by Kristen Petry
- “Does the President Poop?” by Kristin Markovich and Laura Moore
Courttia Newland talks to Johnny about African cosmology and the out-of-body experience that inspired his new novel; writing for Steve McQueen’s Small Axe films; and more!
- Quarantine Q&A: Morowa Yejidé
- Quarantine Q&A: Craig Finn
- Quarantine Q&A: Thurston Moore, Part II
- Quarantine Q&A: Thurston Moore, Part I