Award-winning poet Kwame Dawes explores the insidious nature of power and the limits of protest for Chris Abani’s Black Goat poetry series.
Featured: Black Interest
What was life like for the gangs of New York and others thrown into the nineteenth-century slammer?
One house . . . one robbery . . . one mistake . . . sexual intrigue and violence intermingle in this tense urban thriller.
J.L. Powers in conversation with Sharon Cameron, author of The Knowing.
Join J.L. Powers at the Childrens Author Reception at the Northern California Independent Booksellers Association 2017 Fall Discovery Show.
News & Features
Rivers Solomon’s An Unkindness of Ghosts featured in The Rumpus including an exclusive excerpt and an interview with Rivers!
- “The Hatching” by Robert Arellano
- “Baby Frankenstein” by Maria DePaul
- FREE E-BOOK: Download Adios Muchachos for free through Sunday, Oct 15!
- “Spawn of Satan” by Victoria Madison
From funk to R&B to rap, Nelson George has created a dynamic playlist in To Funk and Die in LA, the fourth book in his D Hunter crime fiction series.
- Event: Eric Morse Launches What Is Hip-Hop?
- Now Available: What Is Hip-Hop? by Eric Morse and Anny Yi
- Hirsh Sawhney Longlisted for DSC Prize and Shortlisted for Shakti Bhatt Prize!
- Now Available: To Funk and Die in LA by Nelson George