JOE MENO is a fiction writer and journalist who lives in Chicago. Winner of the Nelson Algren Literary Award, a Pushcart Prize, and a finalist for the Story Prize, Meno is the best-selling author of several novels and short story collections including Marvel and a Wonder, The Great Perhaps, The Boy Detective Fails, and Hairstyles of the Damned. He is a professor in the English and Creative Writing Department at Columbia College Chicago. Book of Extraordinary Tragedies is his latest work.
- Sep 29, 2022: Akashic All-Stars event – Greenlight Bookstore, Brooklyn Book Festival Bookend Event (Brooklyn, New York)
- Oct 2, 2022: Joe Meno – Brooklyn Book Festival
- Oct 2, 2022: Joe Meno, M. Chris Fabricant, Elizabeth Nunez, and Don Lee at the Brooklyn Book Festival—Brooklyn, New York.
- Oct 7, 2022: Joe Meno – City Lit Books (Chicago, IL)
- Oct 13, 2022: Joe Meno, Jerry Stahl – Skylight Books (Los Angeles, CA)
- Oct 19, 2022: Joe Meno – Boswell Book Company (Milwaukee, WI)
Following the best seller Hairstyles of the Damned (more than 100,000 copies sold) with a spectacular coming-of-age-30 tale, Joe Meno proves once again why he’s the hottest indie author in America. Also check out Office Girl, Demons in the Spring, How the Hula Girl Sings, and Tender as Hellfire.
Nelson Algren, Richard Wright, and Patricia Highsmith are just three of the iconic authors included in this outstanding volume.
Paperback reissue of the second novel from the author of the smash hits Hairstyles of the Damned, Tender as Hellfire, and The Boy Detective Fails
This isn’t someone’s dream of Chicago. It’s not even a nightmare. It’s just the real city, unfiltered. Chicago Noir.