For a limited time, purchase three of Amiri Baraka’s titles (Tales of the Out & the Gone, Black Music, and Home: Social Essays) together for only $16.95!
Featured: Black Interest
An illuminating and unflinching novel exploring England’s 19th-century colonization of Jamaica.
This twelve-piece, limited-edition box set—an African Poetry Book Fund (APBF) project—features the work of eleven new African poets.
Panel: The Many Paths to Publication. Publication is a tricky business. This panel will discuss the myriad ways authors have found an audience, from self-publication to indie presses to major New York publishing houses. The panel will also discuss how to identify when a work is ready to submit, strategies for working past rejection, and […]
Soulside’s Alexis Fleisig and Johnny Temple present Soulside, Washington, DC, 1986-1989 in conversation at the Watha T. Daniel/Shaw Neighborhood Library. Moderated by Mike Paarlberg.
News & Features
Two stories from Santa Cruz Noir have been honored in The Best American Mystery Stories 2019!
- “The Charnel” by Christopher Ryan
- HOLIDAY SALE: 50% off all titles!
- “A Day at the Zoo” by Jennifer Furner
- “Lastique and the Baby” by Kirk V. Bhajan
Watch Ryan O’Callaghan’s interview on CBS This Morning here!
- A TALL HISTORY OF SUGAR Receives Glowing NEW YORK TIMES Review!
- “A Publishing Factory Grows in Brooklyn”
- Akashic Noir Series featured in CHESTNUT HILL LOCAL
- Ron Kovic on Bruce Springsteen in TIME Magazine