A timely memoir about world record–breaking Tyus’s 1964 and 1968 Olympic victories, amid the turbulence of the 1960s, along with contemporary reflections.
Featured: Black Interest
What was life like for the gangs of New York and others thrown into the nineteenth-century slammer?
The reissue of Elizabeth Nunez’s moving exploration into trust, family, redemption, and love.
Glen E. Friedman presents Keep Your Eyes Open and DogTown in conversation with Fugazi’s Guy Picciotto; moderated by Jason Diamond from Vol. 1 Brooklyn.
PRIDE IN VERSE: Spotlighting International LGBTQ Poets. LGBTQ+ poets Rigoberto González, Jaime Manrique (Like This Afternoon Forever), Raquel Salas Rivera, Brenda Shaughnessy, and Yanyi will have a candid conversation on queerness, acceptance, identity, and community. They will also read from their works. More details and ticketing information at the Center for Fiction website [here].
News & Features
Congratulations to Elizabeth McKenzie from SANTA CRUZ NOIR on her Shamus Award nomination!
- “Walls” by Rhian Waller
- “Like Cattle” by Ashley Sgro
- “Getting There Is Half the Fun” by Anita Wong
- “Norman” by JZ Sims
The June 24, 2019 issue of TIME includes a feature on Bruce Springsteen related to his latest album, and includes commentary from our author, veteran and anti-war activist Ron Kovic.
- C.J. Farley on AROUND HARVARD SQUARE and Operation Varsity Blues
- TIGERBELLE featured for Black History Month
- Bernice L. McFadden is Go On Girl! Book Club’s 2018 Author of the Year
- Bobby Sullivan’s Introduction to Revolutionary Threads