A truly exciting American debut from a Nigerian writer on Chris Abani’s new poetry imprint, Black Goat, with an introduction by Kwame Dawes.
Featured: Black Interest
Controversial literary legend Amiri Baraka’s new short story collection—an Essence Magazine best-seller—will shock and awe.
The highly anticipated second title from Akashic’s groundbreaking street-lit imprint, The Armory, curated by author Kenji Jasper.
Theasa Tuohy presents Flying Jenny at the Oklahoma Book Festival; full festival details available here.
The Paths to Pride: Brothers, sisters, moms, dads, seniors, children, friends and strangers who are LGBTQIA are out or are living secret lives from someone or everyone– often at great personal expense to their health, their sanity and their well being. Samra Habib (We Have Always Been Here), William Dameron (The Lie: A Memoir of […]
News & Features
Congratulations to Bernardine Evaristo, whose novel Girl, Woman, Other has been longlisted for the 2019 Booker Prize!
- “Oh Gifted Children” by Christopher Walker
- “Birthday Party at a Pool” by Tamar Jacobs
- “The Capitulation Method” by Tyrel Kessinger
- “Let’s Not Think About It” by Lynne Bronstein
A recent issue of Publishers Weekly featured a news article on Akashic’s home, the Old American Can Factory in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
- Akashic Noir Series featured in CHESTNUT HILL LOCAL
- Ron Kovic on Bruce Springsteen in TIME Magazine
- C.J. Farley on AROUND HARVARD SQUARE and Operation Varsity Blues
- TIGERBELLE featured for Black History Month