Yawning, seven-year old Jackson woke up from his nap; smiling, stretching and luxuriating in his sick day.
Tag: flash fiction
“Kids, it’s been awhile. Should we try to poop in the potty?!”
The witch had seen this same look in a mother’s eye before when such a request was made.
There was an odd quietness in the house, a stillness I could only describe as beautiful.
You’re supposed to be the littlest. You were yesterday.
I have a five-year-old. She’s fierce and stubborn. She’s sweet and empathetic.
Granted, my three year old daughter looks adorable in Afro-Puffs.
The coyote pups have got bold, come right beside the porch near sundown. Gives me someone to talk to, I suppose.
Featured: Black Interest
- Trinidad Noir
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Anna In-Between
- Black Sheep Digit
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Black History Digit