To celebrate the release of Copycat: And a Litter of Other Cats, Akashic is featuring some of our favorite library and record store cats. Today, meet Wally Cutler-Snyder, resident feline of Replay Records in Hamden, Connecticut!
She came up to me in the parking lot behind the Slung Rig after the show. The lot reeked of piss, puke, and exiled pizza scraps. Even the rats were too finicky to troll around this Hamden hole, where headbangers and punkers partied or balled inside their cars whenever there was a gig. Those who could get it on around this stench had a better constitution than me—that, or some sort of mutant fetish, but hell, that’s mutants for you . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- God Carlos
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Black Lotus 2: The Vow
- The Necessary Hunger
- You Can Keep That to Yourself: A Comprehensive List of What Not to Say to Black People, for Well-Intentioned People of Pallor
- Gathering of Waters