Author and Olympian Wyomia Tyus featured in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution!
Tag: Dave Zirin
Wyomia Tyus’ memoir and Justine Bateman’s FAME are New York Times‘ Holiday Picks!
Wyomia Tyus, author of Tigerbelle, was featured on WBUR Boston’s sports show Only a Game.
Etan Thomas, author of We Matter: Athletes and Activism on our Edge of Sports imprint, was recently interviewed by Candace Buckner in the Washington Post on athletes using their platform to speak out on current political events. Read the full article here.
The International Swimming Hall of Fame presented their 2018 Specialty Awards this month: Anthony Ervin and Constantine Markides received the Buck Dawson Author Award for their co-written memoir of Ervin’s Olympic career, Chasing Water: Elegy of An Olympian. Congratulations to both!
Unsportsmanlike Conduct by Jessica Luther has been named A Boston Globe Best Book of 2016. Congratulations Jessica! The book—and most other titles on our list—is available at a 50% discount until December 2106, by using the coupon code HS2016 upon check out.
To mark the release of Unsportsmanlike Conduct: College Football and the Politics of Rape — the latest from our Edge of Sports imprint — we’re featuring a statement from imprint curator and editor Dave Zirin on this important, timely book’s place in the sportswriting narrative.
Read a piece on the upcoming Rio Olympics by Edge of Sports imprint curator and political sportswriter Dave Zirin.
You might be interested in:
- Fair Play: How LGBT Athletes Are Claiming Their Rightful Place in Sports
- Chasing Water: Elegy of an Olympian
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity
- Little Wonder: The Fabulous Story of Lottie Dod, the World’s First Female Sports Superstar
- My Life on the Line: How the NFL Damn Near Killed Me and Ended Up Saving My Life
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct: College Football and the Politics of Rape