The author of South Haven discussed the importance of place on PBS!
Tag: Akashic Insider
Akashic Books and Johnny Temple featured in ELECTRIC LIT article about Brooklyn indies!
From Rolling Stone to Vol. 1 Brooklyn and more, WE ARE THE CLASH rakes in the praise!
Thanks to Bill Morris at The Millions, you can get an inside look at our day-to-day workings, and specifically into the mind of our editorial director, Ibrahim Ahmad. Check out: “A Day in the Life of an Indie Publisher: Akashic Books.”
Rivers Solomon has won the CLMP Firecracker Award and is nominated for a Hurston/Wright Legacy Award!
Did you catch our indefatigable publisher Johnny Temple in the May 11, 2018 issue of the New York Times? Author Andrew Cotto described a day in the life of Johnny Temple, which begins with reading and coffee, in the Sunday Routine section: “How Johnny Temple, Book Publisher and Rocker, Spends His Sundays.”
Now Available: City Mouse, by Stacey Lender.
Now Available: In Search of the Lost Chord, by Danny Goldberg.
Featured: Black Interest
- A Tall History of Sugar
- Gathering of Waters
- Black Marks
- The White House
- Black Sheep Digit
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)
- The Lunatic
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)