A foster child must confront a killer in this tale of horror and human depravity.
Subject: Digits & E-Books
Akashic Digits: Free Digital Excerpts from the Akashic Catalog
- Digits are themed e-books featuring excerpts from our front and back-list titles, and often contain links to exclusive print and/or digital offers offers. Scroll down for our full catalog of Digits; to download, click on the corresponding .mobi (for Kindle) or .epub link.
- The Digits are free, and often coincide with vendor-wide sales on titles related to the Digit.
- If you do not have a reader, you can download free software from Adobe Digital Editions (for Mac) or The Microsoft Reader (for Windows). Most major e-vendors are also now offering free applications for your desktop or mobile device.
- If you have any difficulty downloading the mobi or epub links, your browser preference may be set to open the link in a new window. Try right-clicking and selecting “Save Link As . . . “. If that doesn’t work, email us at info [at] akashicbooks.com and we can send you the free excerpt directly.
- Over 200 of our titles are available as e-books, are distributed to the trade by Constellation, and are available wherever e-books are sold.
In honor of her 2012 New York Times Book Review Notable Book of the Year selection—and in anticipation of the just-released paperback edition of Nowhere Is a Place, our Bernice L. McFadden Digit features excerpts from all four of her Akashic titles: Gathering of Waters, The Warmest December, Glorious, and Nowhere Is a Place.
In celebration of the release of Black History Month, our Black History Digit includes excerpts from our two February Releases—Nowhere Is a Place by Bernice L. McFadden and The Gospel According to Cane by Courttia Newland—along with Chris Abani’s Becoming Abigail and Kola Boof’s The Sexy Part of the Bible.
In conjunction with the publication of Pills and Starships by Lydia Millet—the latest release from our Black Sheep imprint for Young Adults and Young Readers—we’ve created the Black Sheep Digit, comprising excerpts from Pills and Starships and our first two Black Sheep releases, Changers Book One: Drew by T Cooper and Allison Glock-Cooper and Game World by C. J. Farley.
The free Caribbean Debuts Digit features excerpts from four great debut works of fiction in our catalog: Drifting by Katia D. Ulysse, The Night of the Rambler by Montague Kobbé, The Roving Tree by Elsie Augustave (Haiti), and John Crow’s Devil by Marlon James.
Celebrating the long-awaited release of Staten Island Noir—the fifth and final borough featured in the Akashic Noir Series, the NYC Digit includes the editors’ introducitons and contributions to Brooklyn Noir (Tim McLoughlin), Manhattan Noir (Lawrence Block), Bronx Noir (S.J. Rozan), Queens Noir (Robert Knightly), and Staten Island Noir (Patricia Smith)
In celebration of the release of Ian F. Svenonius’s Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group, our latest Digit features excerpts from Ian’s book, along with the work of cult-rock authors Les Claypool (South of the Pumphouse), Lydia Lunch (Paradoxia), and Nick Zinner (Please Take Me Off the Guest List).