In honor of her 2012 New York Times Book Review Notable Book of the Year selection—and in anticipation of the just-released paperback edition of Nowhere Is a Place, our Bernice L. McFadden Digit features excerpts from all four of her Akashic titles: Gathering of Waters, The Warmest December, Glorious, and Nowhere Is a Place.
Subject: Digits & E-Books
Akashic Digits: Free Digital Excerpts from the Akashic Catalog
- Each month, we create themed e-books featuring excerpts from our front and back-list titles with links to exclusive print offers. Scroll down for our full catalog of Digits; to download, click on the corresponding .mobi (for Kindle) or .epub link.
- The Digits are free, and often coincide with vendor-wide sales on titles related to the Digit.
- Our latest release is the Elizabeth Nunez Digit, featuring excerpts from Nunez’s new memoir, Not for Everyday Use, as well as her novels Boundaries and Anna In-Between. The print editions of the two novels are available at a 50% discount from our website for the month of April, and the e-books are the subject of a vendor-wide discount for only $1.99 from April 21-March 4 wherever e-books are sold.
- If you do not have a reader, you can download free software from Adobe Digital Editions (for Mac) or The Microsoft Reader (for Windows). Most major e-vendors are also now offering free applications for your desktop or mobile device.
- If you have any difficulty downloading the mobi or epub links, your browser preference may be set to open the link in a new window. Try right-clicking and selecting “Save Link As . . . “. If that doesn’t work, email us at info [at] akashicbooks.com and we can send you the free excerpt direclty.
- Over 180 of our titles are available as e-books, are distributed to the trade by Constellation, and are available wherever e-books are sold.
In celebration of the release of Black History Month, our Black History Digit includes excerpts from our two February Releases—Nowhere Is a Place by Bernice L. McFadden and The Gospel According to Cane by Courttia Newland—along with Chris Abani’s Becoming Abigail and Kola Boof’s The Sexy Part of the Bible.
The first book in the Primal Age Chronicles, a debut series from Justin Kassab and Kaylie Jones Books.
Celebrating the long-awaited release of Staten Island Noir—the fifth and final borough featured in the Akashic Noir Series, the NYC Digit includes the editors’ introducitons and contributions to Brooklyn Noir (Tim McLoughlin), Manhattan Noir (Lawrence Block), Bronx Noir (S.J. Rozan), Queens Noir (Robert Knightly), and Staten Island Noir (Patricia Smith)
In celebration of the release of Ian F. Svenonius’s Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group, our latest Digit features excerpts from Ian’s book, along with the work of cult-rock authors Les Claypool (South of the Pumphouse), Lydia Lunch (Paradoxia), and Nick Zinner (Please Take Me Off the Guest List).