Subject: Digits & E-Books
Akashic Digits: Free Digital Excerpts from the Akashic Catalog
- Each month, we create themed e-books featuring excerpts from our front and back-list titles with links to exclusive print offers. Scroll down for our full catalog of Digits; to download, click on the corresponding .mobi (for Kindle) or .epub link.
- The Digits are free, and often coincide with vendor-wide sales on titles related to the Digit.
- Our latest releases are the Caribbean Debuts Digit and the Kaylie Jones Books Digit. Excerpted back-list titles from both digits are available from our website at a 50% discount.
- If you do not have a reader, you can download free software from Adobe Digital Editions (for Mac) or The Microsoft Reader (for Windows). Most major e-vendors are also now offering free applications for your desktop or mobile device.
- If you have any difficulty downloading the mobi or epub links, your browser preference may be set to open the link in a new window. Try right-clicking and selecting “Save Link As . . . “. If that doesn’t work, email us at info [at] akashicbooks.com and we can send you the free excerpt direclty.
- Over 200 of our titles are available as e-books, are distributed to the trade by Constellation, and are available wherever e-books are sold.
Nowhere Is a Place, our Bernice L. McFadden Digit features excerpts from all four of her Akashic titles: Gathering of Waters, The Warmest December, Glorious, and Nowhere Is a Place.
Nowhere Is a Place by Bernice L. McFadden and The Gospel According to Cane by Courttia Newland—along with Chris Abani's Becoming Abigail and Kola Boof's The Sexy Part of the Bible.
Pills and Starships by Lydia Millet—the latest release from our Black Sheep imprint for Young Adults and Young Readers—we've created the Black Sheep Digit, comprising excerpts from Pills and Starships and our first two Black Sheep releases, Changers Book One: Drew by T Cooper and Allison Glock-Cooper and Game World by C. J. Farley.
Drifting by Katia D. Ulysse, The Night of the Rambler by Montague Kobbé, The Roving Tree by Elsie Augustave (Haiti), and John Crow's Devil by Marlon James.
Brooklyn Noir (Tim McLoughlin), Manhattan Noir (Lawrence Block), Bronx Noir (S.J. Rozan), Queens Noir (Robert Knightly), and Staten Island Noir (Patricia Smith)
Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock 'n' Roll Group, our latest Digit features excerpts from Ian's book, along with the work of cult-rock authors Les Claypool (South of the Pumphouse), Lydia Lunch (Paradoxia), and Nick Zinner (Please Take Me Off the Guest List).