Office Girl by Joe Meno has been selected by The Believer‘s readers as a favorite fiction release of 2012!
It was when the papers come out with the gyal’s picture print big and broad on the front page that August Town people did find out her rightful name. Marilyn Fairweather. It sounded right. It sounded like a white woman’s name. But for the six days she had been in August Town we had just called her “the white gyal with the camera.” Or “the white gyal” for short.
The 2013 Edgar Awards Banquet, held May 2nd, will honor Akashic publisher Johnny Temple and Staten Island Noir editor Patricia Smith.
This week Akashic in Good Company is delighted to feature a virtual tour of one of our favorite indie bookstores, Stories! (Echo Park, CA)
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Hello Sunshine
- Simon’s Cat in Kitten Chaos
- A Fictional History of the United States with Huge Chunks Missing
- Ziggy Marley and Family Cookbook: Delicious Meals Made With Whole, Organic Ingredients from the Marley Kitchen (SIGNED COPY)
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Demons in the Spring
- I Love You Too
- Primus, Over the Electric Grapevine: Insight into Primus and the World of Les Claypool
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery