Have you ever wondered how the intricate figures and scenes from What Is Punk? and What Is Hip-Hop? are created?
Category: Akashic Insider
Listen to an interview on KUT with Unsportsmanlike Conduct‘s Jessica Luther, one year about the publication of this acclaimed, hard-hitting exposé.
From funk to R&B to rap, Nelson George has created a dynamic playlist in To Funk and Die in LA, the fourth book in his D Hunter crime fiction series.
Event: Eric Morse Launches What Is Hip-Hop?
Now Available: What Is Hip-Hop?, by Eric Morse and Anny Yi
Congratulations to Hirsh Sawhney on being longlisted for the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature, and shortlisted for the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize for his debut novel, South Haven!
Now Available: To Funk and Die in LA by Nelson George
Now Available: Montana Noir, edited by James Grady and Keir Graff
Featured: Black Interest
- The Spring Thrills Digit
- I Love You Too
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- Kingston Noir (Jamaica)
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Nowhere Is a Place
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit