Mid-eighties Manhattan, when the weird were weirder, the dirty dirtier, and neon orange tits pulsed the heart of Times Square. When hookers in hot pants and platforms sneered at the down-and-outers on 96th and Broadway, and even the cushiest berth, like the Apthorp, with its locked gates and classy facade, hid horror . . .
Tag: Upper West Side
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- A Fictional History of the United States with Huge Chunks Missing
- Animals and Objects In and Out of Water
- Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group
- You Have to Fucking Eat
- Go Fish
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Lessons in Taxidermy
- Go the Fuck to Sleep
- Please Take Me Off the Guest List