I was running a dust cloth across the top of the glass display case housing my most prized first editions—Hammett’s The Dain Curse and Christie’s Perilat End House among them—when the bell above the door jingled and a middle-aged man stepped into my used bookshop in Philadelphia’s Spring Garden neighborhood. His cashmere trench coat made me hopeful for a big sale, but the ratty Yankees cap and knockoff sunglasses he didn’t remove gave me pause . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- From a Basement in Seattle
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – STANDARD EDITION
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Lessons in Taxidermy
- Of Mule and Man
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- You Have to Fucking Eat
- Jonah Sees Ghosts
- Spoke: Images and Stories from the 1980s Washington, DC Punk Scene
- Censorship Now!!
- Hairstyles of the Damned
- We Owe You Nothing, Punk Planet: The Collected Interviews Expanded Edition