As a father, I don’t believe I have yet had my finest hour—and as a father of four little girls, I doubt I ever will. It’s not that I haven’t gently wiped away a tear or two, or bandaged a skinned knee, or made my share of macaroni and cheese and peanut butter sandwiches. I have. But it’s out in public where I mostly fall down . . .
Tag: Samuel Murphy
I have no toys.
I was hoping that at this stage of my life, as both husband and father, I would have some pretty cool toys. But I don’t. Instead I have four daughters, and this is why I have no toys . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Bedrock Faith
- Getting It Right
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- Lost Canyon
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Black Music
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Sexy Part of the Bible