She came up to me in the parking lot behind the Slung Rig after the show. The lot reeked of piss, puke, and exiled pizza scraps. Even the rats were too finicky to troll around this Hamden hole, where headbangers and punkers partied or balled inside their cars whenever there was a gig. Those who could get it on around this stench had a better constitution than me—that, or some sort of mutant fetish, but hell, that’s mutants for you . . .
Tag: Ray Van Horn Jr.
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- It’s Just a Plant
- Seriously, Just Go to Sleep
- The Immune System
- Jonah Sees Ghosts
- Just Call Me Mike: A Journey to Actor and Activist
- Of Mule and Man
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Hello Sunshine
- We Owe You Nothing, Punk Planet: The Collected Interviews Expanded Edition
- Seriously, You Have to Eat
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Silent Pictures