To celebrate the Italian edition of Michael Zadoorian’s latest novel, Beautiful Music, publisher Marcos y Marcos has created a Spotify playlist of music inspired by the book: We’ve received fantastic praise for this 1970s coming-of-age novel set in Detroit, including a recent review in the Wall Street Journal by Sam Sacks, which reads in part: “Beautiful Music is a sweet […]
From funk to R&B to rap, Nelson George has created a dynamic playlist in To Funk and Die in LA, the fourth book in his D Hunter crime fiction series.
To celebrate the release of The Lost Treasures of R&B, Okayplayer hosted an exclusive streaming mixtape created by Nelson George!
Featured: Black Interest
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- May Digit
- Prospero’s Daughter
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- On the Way Back
- The Duppy
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Getting It Right
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Game World