February is like Tuesday: second best, like me. January at least has the distinction of being first and has that New Year’s resolution hype going for it, and Mondays are loved for being hated. But February is just dirty snow with sky to match, and Tuesday is Monday’s everlasting yawn . . .
Tag: Pacific Northwest
Bugs fornicate in the still water from the storm. They leave their young to swarm my knotted limbs. I flash my teeth like a horse resisting the needle . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Home: Social Essays
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Black History Digit
- Prospero’s Daughter
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- The Gospel According to Cane
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Dog War
- Black Lotus