He looks at me with woebegone betrayal in his large baby eyes. My tyrannical one-year-old son is teething, recovering from roseola. How could you leave me? say his eyes so expressively. His tiny hands reach out, appealing to me: Pick me up now! . . .
Tag: On Being One
Featured: Black Interest
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Song for Night
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- The Angels’ Share
- Gathering of Waters
- Not for Everyday Use