I light my cigarette lovingly, laughingly, with a light purple lighter. Burn, baby, burn . . .
Stella and Chris were arguing again—something about the television. They made me want to pick it up and just throw it out the window onto the street, Led Zeppelin–style . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Not for Everyday Use
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- All or Nothing
- The Book of Harlan
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Caribbean Debuts Digit
- Dog War
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics