Hedgepig believed in himself; belief without question, utter faith . . .
Tag: New Zealand
The cool water of the lake bit into her as she reached for the canoe, hands slipping against the polished surface, tired legs kicking slowly at the darkness . . .
I hadn’t been out for a while. There were four of us. Bill was the president of a motorcycle gang. His friend Rangi was a big maori guy. They had been in prison together . . .
—Why’d you come? she said.
—The boys were busy, I guess.
I looked around. Her Nana’s house was just how I remembered: another old villa that desperately needed a coat of paint. I tried not to look at her. I could remember how good Tala looked, dressed and undressed . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- The Accidental Hunter
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Caribbean Debuts Digit
- Black Orchid Blues
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Gomer’s Song
- God Carlos
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- The White House