Next Wed., 5/25, join us for an evening of Akashic All-Stars at Greenlight Bookstore in Brooklyn!
Tag: New York City
Don’t miss two acclaimed Akashic authors in NYC on Wed., 5/18, and and Thurs., 5/19.
Hers wasn’t the first body to be found in the overgrown lot that once was a marsh that sucked and pulled with the tidal waters of the East River . . .
He wasn’t sure of the name—Michelle, Danielle, one of those. They’d only meet eight hours earlier . . .
I can’t get out of my seat belt fast enough. . . .
In NYC? Join us Thurs., 4/14 @ 7 PM to celebrate the release of Even in Paradise by Elizabeth Nunez!
To celebrate the release of The System of Dante’s Hell — the long-awaited reissue of Amiri Baraka’s remarkable 1965 novel, featuring a new introduction by Woodie King Jr. — we’re pleased to feature a spotlight on Woodie King Jr.’s New Federal Theatre.
It’s three in the morning, the orange sulfur lamps bleach the black sky, and for a moment I think it’s the sun rising over the skyline, but then the darkness recedes back into my vision. It’s always night here; this place never sleeps . . .
You might be interested in:
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Bronx Noir
- Love Maps
- Heart of the Old Country
- Brooklyn Noir 3: Nothing but the Truth
- Brooklyn Noir
- Hell’s Kitchen
- Will Work for Drugs
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Immune System
- A Mind of Winter
- Black Orchid Blues
- The Dewey Decimal System
- The Schrödinger Girl
- South by South Bronx
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- Manhattan Noir 2: The Classics
- The Perfume Burned His Eyes
- Manhattan Noir
- The Fuck-Up
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Staten Island Noir
- Wall Street Noir
- East Village Tetralogy
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Once There Was a Village
- The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory
- Brooklyn Noir 2: The Classics
- Manhattan Loverboy
- The Nervous System
- Boy Genius
- Queens Noir
- Suicide Casanova