Right when I thought things were getting better, the stranger showed up . . .
“Baby, don’t go,” he says as she gets out of the bed—that same bed they’ve shared a dozen times or more. She slips on the tight mauve dress and slides her feet into her leather pumps. He’s pleading with her not to go, not to leave him here. But she doesn’t listen . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Game World
- Bedrock Faith
- Black Sheep Digit
- Black Music
- Black History Digit
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- The Spring Thrills Digit
- Gathering of Waters
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature