Right when I thought things were getting better, the stranger showed up . . .
“Baby, don’t go,” he says as she gets out of the bed—that same bed they’ve shared a dozen times or more. She slips on the tight mauve dress and slides her feet into her leather pumps. He’s pleading with her not to go, not to leave him here. But she doesn’t listen . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Party: A Mystery
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Warmest December
- Black Music
- The Roving Tree
- Even in Paradise
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Loving Donovan
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Lost Canyon
- The Sexy Part of the Bible