I had warned Mikey Ronagan that sooner or later someone was going to shoot that cocky smile off his face, so I don’t know why I’m letting the image of his dead body ruin my moment today . . .
Tag: Mondays Are Murder
Bogota is shrouded in gray. Gray clouds. Gray streets. Gray rain . . .
I ran into Linda, unexpectedly, the other day at Publix. She used to be pretty, but in her late forties, she’s all bloat, veneers, and Oxy eyes . . .
He’s defunct again. Lying on the floor, screaming about helicopters and LSD experiments. The man-child in his underwear, spread-eagled, crying to the ceiling, maybe even to the outside woods if they’re listening . . .
New York was scruffier then; everywhere you saw signs of its humbling in its bald park lawns and strobe-popping Broadway head shops . . .
“Man gon’ fry out there,” Kinfolk said. He sipped from the tall boy of Hurricane and passed it to Sam . . .
The body didn’t belong in the freezer. It belonged in the Pasadena sunshine, skateboarding down the uneven sidewalks, cycling around McDonald Park, kicking a soccer ball around the Rose Bowl . . .
The next morning Anoush left so early with Baba Bijan that the chill of the night air still hung over the desert . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Rock Star Digit
- Drawing Autism
- A Fictional History of the United States with Huge Chunks Missing
- Ziggy Marley and Family Cookbook: Delicious Meals Made With Whole, Organic Ingredients from the Marley Kitchen (SIGNED COPY)
- Simon’s Cat vs. the World
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Silent Pictures
- The Worst Breakfast
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PACKAGE
- 100 Posters/134 Squirrels