I had talked myself into a luxurious three-bedroom apartment in a classic Tudor building in Jersey City. It was 1969. Back then, a suit and a little grooming would suffice if accompanied by a few months’ rent . . .
Tag: Madison Square Garden
Featured: Black Interest
- The Lunatic
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- A Simple Distance
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Trinidad Noir
- Gomer’s Song
- Black Music
- What Is Hip-Hop?