Former Akashic intern Lisa Martens reviews Aaron’s Leap by Magdaléna Platzová (Bellevue Literary Press).
Tag: Lisa Martens
When I was eight years old, I was diagnosed with epilepsy. The Dallas school district saw I was brown, so they stuck me in ESL classes with the other brown children.
The actual problem was that I was having over a hundred minor seizures per day . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The Spring Thrills Digit
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- The Angels’ Share
- Loving Donovan
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Gathering of Waters
- Getting It Right
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America