Former Akashic intern Lisa Martens reviews Aaron’s Leap by Magdaléna Platzová (Bellevue Literary Press).
Tag: Lisa Martens
When I was eight years old, I was diagnosed with epilepsy. The Dallas school district saw I was brown, so they stuck me in ESL classes with the other brown children.
The actual problem was that I was having over a hundred minor seizures per day . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Lost Canyon
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- Black Music
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- The Book of Harlan
- On the Way Back
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop