“Vultures.” On the roof again today.
Tag: Kurt McGill
Night must fall in the Tolerance Zone, the same way it does everywhere. Tonight it fell hard. I watched the shipping crate in the bed of the Escalade pickup parked behind the cantina, the crate filled with the ripe kumquats—three snuffed picture brides—that Yee Chung Toy had tried to smuggle from Fujian Province to Veracruz, and then across Mexico, through Ensenada, and into San Francisco . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Black Music
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Not for Everyday Use
- Mr. Loverman
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Saba)
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Move the Crowd: A Children’s Picture Book
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean