The sparrow literally dropped through the flue into Helen’s cold fire place at just barely daylight. At first, she thought she imagined it.
Tag: Kristen Petry
Adela sits at her desk in the Kingston parliament building, which looks like a Moorish palace. . .
I ran into Linda, unexpectedly, the other day at Publix. She used to be pretty, but in her late forties, she’s all bloat, veneers, and Oxy eyes . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- The Book of Harlan
- Home: Social Essays
- Mr. Loverman
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop