Gazing down at the farmhouses in the valley below, feeling the wind whipping against his face, Mr. Hawkins thought: I wonder if I’ll be able to breathe on the way down. . .
Detective Mercer wasn’t all that sure the man he had bound in the trunk of his cruiser was the right guy, but he was sure enough that he’d risk his badge over it . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Game Don’t Change
- The Duppy
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- Black Lotus
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- To Funk and Die in LA
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!