Gazing down at the farmhouses in the valley below, feeling the wind whipping against his face, Mr. Hawkins thought: I wonder if I’ll be able to breathe on the way down. . .
Detective Mercer wasn’t all that sure the man he had bound in the trunk of his cruiser was the right guy, but he was sure enough that he’d risk his badge over it . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- The Necessary Hunger
- A Simple Distance
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- Becoming Abigail
- Nowhere Is a Place
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Hadriana in All My Dreams