It was a Friday night when it all began. I was sitting in my living room enjoying a tall Bud Light and listening to music playing on my laptop. I’d only been in IB—Imperial Beach for the nonnatives—for three weeks, but Cali was a taste of freedom I never wanted to let go of. I had moved into a house only fifty feet from the beach and found a job in Coronado that people would envy me for. It felt too damn good to be true. Turns out it was . . .
Tag: Imperial Beach
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- The Immune System
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PACKAGE
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Of Grunge and Government: Let’s Fix this Broken Democracy!
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush
- Lessons in Taxidermy
- In Search of the Lost Chord: 1967, the Peak, Death, and Rebirth of the Hippie Idea
- From a Basement in Seattle
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- A Secret History of Coffee, Coca & Cola
- 100 Posters/134 Squirrels