I am sitting in Row A, Seat 1, dressed in a double-breasted dark oxford gray suit, a plain white shirt, and a dark blue silk tie . . .
Officer Leon James slipped out the back door of the Quayside Oil Company, where he worked part-time as a security guard on the overnight shift. In his hand was a paper bag containing the cold meatball sub that he brought from home but had forgotten to eat. Instead, he’d spent his break dozing in an office chair, his chin nodding toward his chest . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- The White House
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Mr. Loverman
- Black Sheep Digit
- All or Nothing
- The Hungered One
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh