The skinhead wipes the rain out of his eyes and cackles. “I’m glad I’m not the poor bastard that has to try and identify your body.” His pump-action shotgun is wedged against my throat. He is going to make one hell of a mess . . .
The grave is waist-deep when the cramps start . . .
It’s happy hour at the Dirty Lemon, but I recognize the same lipstick smear on my glass from when I was in here this morning. It’s 9 pm, but the room is still hot and my half-drunk beer is already warm . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- The Darkest Hearts
- The Roving Tree
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Loving Donovan
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit