The skinhead wipes the rain out of his eyes and cackles. “I’m glad I’m not the poor bastard that has to try and identify your body.” His pump-action shotgun is wedged against my throat. He is going to make one hell of a mess . . .
The grave is waist-deep when the cramps start . . .
It’s happy hour at the Dirty Lemon, but I recognize the same lipstick smear on my glass from when I was in here this morning. It’s 9 pm, but the room is still hot and my half-drunk beer is already warm . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- The Duppy
- The Lunatic
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Sale Ricardo Cortés “My First Five Books” Bundle
- Prospero’s Daughter
- Home Girl
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- Party: A Mystery
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- Becoming Abigail