“Baby, don’t go,” he says as she gets out of the bed—that same bed they’ve shared a dozen times or more. She slips on the tight mauve dress and slides her feet into her leather pumps. He’s pleading with her not to go, not to leave him here. But she doesn’t listen . . .
Tag: Desperate (1975)
Featured: Black Interest
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- The Necessary Hunger
- The Gospel According to Cane
- The Family Mansion
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- The Book of Harlan
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism