Whenever I start a restoration project, I take before-photos, and when I finish, I take after-shots . . .
The floor was covered with Timothy’s blood when Maurice came down the steps from the dining room to see how things were moving along . . .
An explosion of splinters stabs up his spine. Carrick’s eyes shutter open. Where the fuck am I? . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Song for Night
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- The Book of Harlan
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- She’s Gone
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- Mr. Loverman