Elizabeth didn’t know what to do. Go along with the kid holding the knife and the other kid with the gun? Lie? Try to escape? . . .
Tag: Cezarija Abartis
Elizabeth heard the door bang and footsteps clatter in the kitchen. She was relieved that it was not her daughter’s gait. This was another teenager. A girl holding a gun. Dear God, where did these children get these weapons? What possessed them? . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Song for Night
- I Love You Too
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- Black Marks
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- A Simple Distance
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Black History Digit