At last the cat fell asleep and, because Armand still could, he drove his police-issue Crown Vic through the Plaza, down Main Street. He took a left on 47th, slid past Latte Land then Pottery Barn, past Barnes & Noble and Gap Kids, then left again. Three fat men stood outside a fake Irish bar and laughed while the snow came down, but Armand drove right past them too, over the bridge at Wornall and left again, to Ward Parkway then Main then 47th again. Around and around he drove while the cat slept in the cardboard box beside him . . .
Tag: Cat in a Box
Featured: Black Interest
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Getting It Right
- Changers Book Two: Oryon
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- A Simple Distance
- Kingston Noir (Jamaica)
- The Warmest December
- The Duppy