Two a.m. at The State Diner came with a refill on my half-drunk coffee and an impatient smile on the lips of the waitress who’d been hovering nearby. My appointment was late, but my wallet was empty, so I couldn’t afford to leave. A week of poor sleep, too much caffeine, and more than one drive-thru meal meant my stomach was churning like the Buttermilk Falls after a storm, but I glanced over the menu anyway . . .
Tag: Carrie Cuinn
Featured: Black Interest
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- She’s Gone
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity
- Black Sheep Digit
- The System of Dante’s Hell