“Don’t like it! Don’t like it!” the tiny human shouted at me.
The Worst Breakfast by China Miéville & Zak Smith has been named a Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2016.
Last month Akashic Books released The Worst Breakfast coauthored by Zak Smith and China Miéville, with illustrations from Smith on our Black Sheep imprint for young readers. Learn more about Zak Smith’s singular vision here.
To mark the release of our Ziggy Marley and Family Cookbook, we’re pleased to present Ziggy’s recipe for “Mancakes”—a delicious and healthful way to start (or, who are we kidding, finish) any day.
Featured: Black Interest
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Not for Everyday Use
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- eel on reef
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- A Simple Distance
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- She’s Gone
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature