The Worst Breakfast by China Miéville & Zak Smith has been named a Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2016.
Last month Akashic Books released The Worst Breakfast coauthored by Zak Smith and China Miéville, with illustrations from Smith on our Black Sheep imprint for young readers. Learn more about Zak Smith’s singular vision here.
To mark the release of our Ziggy Marley and Family Cookbook, we’re pleased to present Ziggy’s recipe for “Mancakes”—a delicious and healthful way to start (or, who are we kidding, finish) any day.
Featured: Black Interest
- Nowhere Is a Place
- Becoming Abigail
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- The Accidental Hunter
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- The Roving Tree
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn