To celebrate the release of The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory, we’re pleased to feature a statement from author Stacy Wakefield on how her own firsthand experiences in with squatting shaped her novel.
We arrived around three a.m. and banged on the door, which swung open. The tiny white apartment was filled with pasty-faced, sweating people, hopping and hollering to a harrowing type of Dutch hardcore techno that thumped angrily through the speakers . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Just Call Me Mike: A Journey to Actor and Activist
- Letters to Kurt
- Seriously, You Have to Eat
- I Love You Too
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PACKAGE
- Primus, Over the Electric Grapevine: Insight into Primus and the World of Les Claypool
- Spoke: Images and Stories from the 1980s Washington, DC Punk Scene
- Hard Art, DC 1979
- Will Work for Drugs
- What Is Punk?