When the doorbell rang, I almost didn’t answer it. I wasn’t expecting anyone at seven on a Tuesday night . . .
Tag: age two
Potty training is a bitch. It should be easy, right? How hard could it actually be? . . .
JR was a precocious boy who loved to watch TV . . .
For as long as I can remember, my daughter asked me to take her to church. . . .
“I’m night-weaning Emeka,” my wife Anna alerted me when I met her in the park after a run . . .
All InTur would rent them was a Lada. Carlos was struggling with a sticky clutch when the tunnel’s sickening yellow glow exploded into the hostile glare of a Havana afternoon . . .
I have no toys.
I was hoping that at this stage of my life, as both husband and father, I would have some pretty cool toys. But I don’t. Instead I have four daughters, and this is why I have no toys . . .
Are you a parent going through the Terrible Twos? Did you live through them and survive? Terrible Twosdays is a place to commiserate over the unending shenanigans of your Darling Children (as the online parenting communities say). Nonfiction stories will be considered, so long as names have been changed to protect the guilty. Inspired by […]
Featured: Black Interest
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Saba)
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- God Carlos
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- Caught Up