She sat on the bench and watched the sun drip into the ocean. Barefoot couples stood on the beach and clicked their wine glasses in a toast to another beautiful day . . .
I pass Elaine the banana bread. Oh, I’m sure she’s had a trying week, I tell her, clucking in sympathy, listening like the good friend I am . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Changers Book Two: Oryon
- Mr. Loverman
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- The Family Mansion
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Around Harvard Square