Celebrate Black History Month with sales from Akashic.
News & Features
To celebrate the release of The Angels’ Share — the latest from acclaimed author Garfield Ellis — we’re pleased to feature a statement from the author on how his fascination with regret formed the core of his novel.
My brother Sid was a fire starter who started early. He was twelve. He was precocious. He was an igniter atrocious. He was a pyromaniac poet laureate . . .
Marlon and Shawn spend every Saturday of their retirement fishing together out on Runaway Bay . . .
To celebrate the release of Tales, the long-awaited reissue of Amiri Baraka’s 1967 story collection, we’re pleased to give you a taste of Baraka’s provocative writing with an excerpt from the book.
To celebrate the release of The System of Dante’s Hell, the long-awaited reissue of Amiri Baraka’s remarkable 1965 novel, we’re pleased to share a new introduction written by Woodie King Jr.
Akashic intern Rebecca Patis reviews The Raging Skillet: The True Life Story of Chef Rossi by Rossi (The Feminist Press).
Through February 7, get Sunfail by Steven Savile for only $1.99 wherever e-books are sold!
A white Prius squealed up the driveway of the Chevron station and pulled around back. Dark, syrupy blood dried to the grill . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Just Call Me Mike: A Journey to Actor and Activist
- Sale I Love You Too
- South of the Pumphouse
- A Fictional History of the United States with Huge Chunks Missing
- Of Grunge and Government: Let’s Fix this Broken Democracy!
- Jonah Sees Ghosts
- What Is Punk?
- Copycat: And a Litter of Other Cats
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Censorship Now!! (LIMITED SIGNED HARDCOVER EDITION)