Jaime Manrique presents Like This Afternoon Forever at the AJC Decatur Book Festival with novelist Thrity Umrigar.
“Love and Myth”: What drives the human impulse to create myths, and what can these stories tell us about the enduring power of love? Here, literary heavyweights Chigozie Obioma (An Orchestra of Minorities), Jaime Manrique (Like This Afternoon Forever), and Edwidge Danticat (Everything Inside) explore the mythology of love as it traverses borders and cultures. […]
PRIDE IN VERSE: Spotlighting International LGBTQ Poets. LGBTQ+ poets Rigoberto González, Jaime Manrique (Like This Afternoon Forever), Raquel Salas Rivera, Brenda Shaughnessy, and Yanyi will have a candid conversation on queerness, acceptance, identity, and community. They will also read from their works. More details and ticketing information at the Center for Fiction website [here].
Jaime Manrique presents Like This Afternoon Forever with Dr. Larry Mass at the Bureau of General Services—Queer Division.
Featured: Black Interest
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Gomer’s Song
- Around Harvard Square
- The Game Don’t Change
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- A Simple Distance
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity
- The Accidental Hunter