An exuberant celebration of dance and play in picture book form, based on Charlotte Caffey’s joyful classic made famous by the Go-Go’s.
Otis Redding’s classic song “Respect”—as popularized by Aretha Franklin—becomes an empowering picture book exploring the concept of mutual respect through the eyes of a young girl.
In concise and distilled prose, Lemus presents a collection of still lifes, landscapes, and portraits of a challenging year that threatened all she loved most.
After the death of a police officer, assassin Kahllah (aka the Black Lotus) is forced out of retirement in an attempt to clear her name while outrunning a mysterious enemy.
*While supplies last, books ordered through the website will include a bookplate SIGNED by K’wan!
Featured: Black Interest
- Black Lotus 2: The Vow
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Haiti Noir
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- I Love You Too
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Gathering of Waters