The long-awaited reissue of the book that introduced mystery fans to bodyguard-turned-investigator D Hunter.
NELSON GEORGE is an author, filmmaker, and lifelong resident of Brooklyn. His books include the first three novels in his D Hunter mystery series, The Accidental Hunter, The Plot Against Hip Hop, and The Lost Treasures of R&B. Among his many nonfiction works are The Death of Rhythm & Blues, Hip Hop America, and The Hippest Trip in America: Soul Train and the Evolution of Culture & Style. As a filmmaker he has directed the documentaries Brooklyn Boheme, Finding the Funk, and A Ballerina’s Tale. He is also a writer/producer on the Netflix series The Get Down. To Funk and Die in LA is his latest novel.
- Sep 26, 2017: Nelson George — Conversation at South Restaurant
- Sep 28, 2017: Nelson George – Greenlight Bookstore
- Oct 14, 2017: Eric Morse — Storytime Events, Greenlight
- Oct 14, 2017: Eric Morse — Storytime, Greenlight (Prospect Lefferts Garden)
- Oct 21, 2017: Nelson George – Barnes & Noble, Howard University
- Nov 18, 2017: Nelson George – Miami Book Fair
- Nov 19, 2017: Eric Morse & Nelson George – Miami Book Fair, Miami, FL
D Hunter, bodyguard-turned-PI, is back, investigating a murder that lures him into the heart of rhythm-and-blues history.
A 5.4″ x 7.5″, 48-page custom notebook featuring the visage of Nelson George printed on a Kraft Paper cover.