One morning, a woman gave birth to a monster. The monster had red skin and howled all day and all night. The woman sobbed when she held the monster….
March 2019 News & Features
Congratulations to Kwame Dawes, author of the forthcoming novel Bivouac!
Autism is you’ve got to say it louder. No, a little quieter. Wait, you have to look at her honey because she didn’t hear . . .
The house had been vacant for a long time, the realtor told me, but she wasn’t sure why.
Q: [tapping the photograph] Where’s the little girl? Where’s Anisa Quashie?
A: We do not know Anisa Quashie.
Featured: Black Interest
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Black Marks
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Changers Book Two: Oryon
- A Simple Distance
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Caribbean Debuts Digit
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery