Hedgepig believed in himself; belief without question, utter faith . . .
September 2017 News & Features
Rivers Solomon’s An Unkindness of Ghosts featured in The Rumpus including an exclusive excerpt and an interview with Rivers!
From funk to R&B to rap, Nelson George has created a dynamic playlist in To Funk and Die in LA, the fourth book in his D Hunter crime fiction series.
In April 2016 Akashic Books launched the Edge of Sports imprint, curated by Dave Zirin, a sportswriter who has never shied away from criticizing that which die-hard sports fans hold dear. The Edge of Sports titles will address social justice issues across many different sports, and at both the professional and nonprofessional/collegiate levels. Parallel to this […]
Event: Eric Morse Launches What Is Hip-Hop?
Now Available: What Is Hip-Hop?, by Eric Morse and Anny Yi
The task at hand seemed impossible yet every day he had to accept his fate and undergo the process . . .
Three miserable years. But there I was, fucking cigarette in my mouth . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- Home: Social Essays
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- To Funk and Die in LA
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Getting It Right
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature