To celebrate the release of his new novel South Haven, we’re pleased to feature author Hirsh Sawhney’s story from New Jersey Noir, edited by Joyce Carol Oates.
May 2016 News & Features
Suitcase City by Sterling Watson has been selected for a Kindle Daily Deal! Order the Suitcase City e-book on Friday, May 27, 2016, for only $0.99, exclusively on Amazon.
To celebrate the release of The Book of Harlan, we asked author Bernice L. McFadden for her top 5 historical novels.
To celebrate the release of Native Believer — the long-awaited and darkly comic debut novel from author Ali Eteraz — we’re pleased to feature a statement from the author on how the book serves as a reflection of modern America.
There is a boy with dark brown hair . . .
This is what I do. I take Mickey over to Nemo’s. It’s right across the river from the track. Still a pain in the ass though. Rillito was flooded, monsoons and all . . .
He stamped the snow off his boots, brushed it off the shoulders of his jacket, and hit his Stetson against his thigh, leaving small puddles where the snow hit the warm floor and melted. He looked around the bar and saw the only empty stool next to the guy that had been sitting in the row ahead of him on the bus. He took the seat . . .
Next Wed., 5/25, join us for an evening of Akashic All-Stars at Greenlight Bookstore in Brooklyn!
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Hello Sunshine
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – STANDARD EDITION
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush
- Seriously, Just Go to Sleep
- Spoke: Images and Stories from the 1980s Washington, DC Punk Scene
- What Is Punk?
- Jerusalem Calling
- The Jesus Lizard Book
- The Failure
- Primus, Over the Electric Grapevine: Insight into Primus and the World of Les Claypool
- Sale Drug Chronicles (Complete Set)