We saw him running. Down, down. From the mountain, across tracks, across highway, State Route 111, Southern California, right there alongside the Salton Sea. Salton Sea. Why is it named so? . . .
I was seventeen in 1965. The “Sally Bumps” gang hung out at Vinny’s Bar. Their main racket was stealing copper from the telephone company . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Not for Everyday Use
- Gomer’s Song
- Loving Donovan
- The Lunatic
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Black Music
- Changers Book Two: Oryon
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Jesus Boy
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery