The American walked the ancient Italian countryside on unsteady feet. It was a familiar path, but he had been up very, very late with guests from the States, toasting to liberal optimism with liberal quantities of Tuscan wine. They had, essentially, drunk all night, waiting for election results from the States, which didn’t report until three a.m. Italian time that Barack Obama had become the forty-fourth president of the United States . . .
Johnny was barely fourteen when he started drinking . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)
- I Love You Too
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Black Lotus
- John Crow’s Devil
- The Book of Harlan
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- The Plot Against Hip Hop