It was with great sadness that we learned of the death of Danny Schechter, author of News Dissector: Passions, Pieces, and Polemics, 1960–2000 and Falun Gong’s Challenge to China.
It was a Friday night when it all began. I was sitting in my living room enjoying a tall Bud Light and listening to music playing on my laptop. I’d only been in IB—Imperial Beach for the nonnatives—for three weeks, but Cali was a taste of freedom I never wanted to let go of. I had moved into a house only fifty feet from the beach and found a job in Coronado that people would envy me for. It felt too damn good to be true. Turns out it was . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Spring Thrills Digit
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- Bedrock Faith
- The Accidental Hunter
- May Digit
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Mr. Loverman
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America