It was with great sadness that we learned of the death of Danny Schechter, author of News Dissector: Passions, Pieces, and Polemics, 1960–2000 and Falun Gong’s Challenge to China.
It was a Friday night when it all began. I was sitting in my living room enjoying a tall Bud Light and listening to music playing on my laptop. I’d only been in IB—Imperial Beach for the nonnatives—for three weeks, but Cali was a taste of freedom I never wanted to let go of. I had moved into a house only fifty feet from the beach and found a job in Coronado that people would envy me for. It felt too damn good to be true. Turns out it was . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Prospero’s Daughter
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Black Marks
- The Gospel According to Cane
- eel on reef
- John Crow’s Devil
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- Bedrock Faith